If you love to travel or have a favorite destination you may be considering timeshare loans. Timeshares offer the convenience of a specific room type in the destination of your choice and many offer opportunities to trade your week for other locations and rooms. There are many options to finance a timeshare property so planning ahead can save you money and headaches.
Key tips for when you want to get timeshare loans:
- Most timeshare properties offer loans directly through the seller. Sometimes the rates are not as favorable as you might get elsewhere but they may offer incentives such as additional weeks or travel credits to finance through them.
- Consider refinancing. If you purchased your timeshare and got a loan from the seller you may be able to refinance the timeshare loan through a different lender with better rates.
- Think about your vacation plans. Timeshares are great for staying in one spot year-after-year for a week at a time. You can trade them for other locations, but it works better if your travel dates are flexible.
- Buy resale. You can get a much better deal by buying secondhand from someone that no longer wants the property than you will buying direct in most cases.
- Compare all of the costs associated with ownership. The purchase price is only the beginning. You are also going to have maintenance fees for the resort as well as “special assessments” that can add up and will increase over time. In some cases you will also have to pay property taxes.
Timeshare loans offer a great opportunity to own a piece of a vacation property or resort for a week or more a year. With a timeshare you and your family will always have a place to stay when you travel and you will know ahead of time what to expect when you get there.
Advice on finding the best timeshare loans:
If you want the best timeshare loans, you have to start by comparing loan options. Search for reputable lenders and ask about incentives from the property. Compare programs based on interest rates, loan terms, and tax advantages. Do some research and compare all of the different options before committing to purchase a unit and be sure to understand all of the costs associated with ownership.
Timeshare loans can give you peace of mind knowing you have a “vacation home” away from home you can escape to year-after-year and enjoy your getaways in comfort.
"I found a great car loan rate on your site, got approved online, and bought my hybrid the next day! Thanks FinanceSource! :)"
— Carey S.
San Diego, CA
"Visited FinanceSource last month and found a great offer on a credit card to help me earn more miles for my trip. Thank you. "
— Paul M.