Prepaid Credit Cards
There are two types of people who choose prepaid credit cards: people who have no other option and people who don't want to actually use credit. Thanks to electronic banking and transactions, there are more prepaid credit cards available today than ever before. People can find a wide selection of different services and card offerings. Just remember to read the fine print and check out your options so you know what you are getting.
Key tips for when you want to get prepaid credit cards:
- Prepaid cards often include fees for loading the card, having the card, or for not maintaining a specific balance. Make sure that you read up on all fees so that you know what you are getting.
- The cards are great for teens and young adults who aren't yet responsible with money enough to a point where they can handle real credit.
- They can be ideal for people who need credit cards for various situations in life, but cannot actually get unsecured credit cards.
- This solution can provide consumers with a better way to pay.
- Prepaid cards don’t always report to the credit bureaus, so it's important to check and see which ones do if you want to help improve your credit.
Advice on finding the best prepaid credit cards:
A prepaid credit card is great if you have an expense come up that needs paid with a card and you don't have access to one. Even though most people these days have a bank account that at least includes a debit card, some services absolutely require some type of credit card. A prepaid card can give you the tools that you need to get through life when you don't have access to unsecured credit. If you are trying to teach young adults responsibility, prepaid cards are also a good choice. They can only spend what's on the card, and they will learn the value of money as well as how to manage it when you give them a prepaid card instead of a handful of cash.
Choosing the best prepaid credit cards depends on a lot of different elements. Mostly, you have to find reputable cards that have low fees and costs so that you aren't spending a fortune on your credit usage. You also want to look at different promotions and special offers that might be out there because you might get more from your use of this card depending on when you join. Prepaid credit cards offer a lot of solutions for people who don't have access to or a need for the world of unsecured credit.
"I found a great car loan rate on your site, got approved online, and bought my hybrid the next day! Thanks FinanceSource! :)"
— Carey S.
San Diego, CA
"Visited FinanceSource last month and found a great offer on a credit card to help me earn more miles for my trip. Thank you. "
— Paul M.